Legal Marijuana Industry Responsible for 150,000 Full Time Jobs
SEATTLE, WA — The legal cannabis industry is responsible for the creation of an estimated 150,000 full-time jobs, according to state-by-state data compiled by the online content provider Leafly.com. Their analysis identified 149,304 full-time jobs supported by the legal marijuana industry. Not all of the jobs included in the tally involved direct contact with the plant, as ancillary […]
Cannabis industry looks to get women, people of color into business
A panel "Minority Leaders in Cannabis," gathered at Howard University said entrepreneurs - particularly women and minorities - should not fear the industry.
Lighting up the screen: Colorado's first-ever cannabis film fest to open in Fort Collins
This weekend, Colorado will host its first substantial marijuana-centric film festival, the Cannabus Fest in Fort Collins.
Can Nevada casinos cash in on cannabis industry without breaking federal law?
Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval has ordered a committee to make policy recommendations on the interactions between the state's gambling and cannabis industries.
American Legion calls for 'direct involvement' from VA Secretary for federally-approved cannabis PTSD study
The powerful veterans group says lack of support puts the pioneering, federally approved study in jeopardy.
Kentucky judge upholds state's medical marijuana ban
A judge upheld Kentucky's ban on medical marijuana, ruling the state has good reason to "curtail citizens' possession of a narcotic, hallucinogenic drug."
Former GOP Senator Who Opposed Marijuana Joins Pro-Pot Lobby Group
Former Republican US senator from New York Alphonse D’Amato will become a lobbyist for the Marijuana Policy Project, the New York Daily News reported last week. The marijuana law reform group, which has played a leading role in medical marijuana and legalization campaigns across the country, is starting a state affiliate in New York and […]
American Legion’s National Commander Calls Out VA Secretary Shulkin
For more than a year, The American Legion has been calling on the federal government – and specifically the Veterans Affairs Department – to support research into the therapeutic benefits of cannabis in treating veterans with PTSD. Many veterans, especially Iraq and Afghanistan combat veterans, have told both the Legion and NORML that they have […]
Appeals hearing wraps up on Denver 4/20 organizer's ban
Event organizer Miguel Lopez faces a three-year ban on running annual marijuana-themed event.
Sessions reiterates distaste for marijuana legalization
U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions took the opportunity Wednesday to once again express his opinion that legal sales of marijuana are not a positive development for the country.
CBD on the international stage: WHO committee delving into science, control status of cannabis compound
As the World Health Organization examines the level of international controls to be implemented on CBD, American advocates for legalization of the cannabis compound have spotted an opportunity.
Vegas waiting to see how Denver's social marijuana venues work out before trying them
Las Vegas officials have decided to wait until Denver approves the nation’s first marijuana club before they further discuss licensing lounges in Sin City.
Town that voted yes to recreational marijuana legalization votes no to sales
Voters in Milford, Massachusetts have banned cannabis shops and other marijuana businesses from operating in town despite supporting recreational legalization last year.
Massachusetts court: Roadside drunk driving tests not valid for suspected weed
Massachusetts' highest court ruled Tuesday that field sobriety tests typically used in drunken-driving cases cannot be treated as conclusive evidence that a motorist was operating under the influence of marijuana.
DC Councilmember Looks to Medical Marijuana to Help Fight Opioid Crisis
WASHINGTON, DC — District of Columbia Councilmember David Grosso introduced improvements to the nation’s capitol’s medical marijuana program Tuesday, recognizing the power of cannabis to fight the opioid crisis. The Medical Marijuana Improvement Amendment Act of 2017 reduces major barriers that previously existed in D.C.’s medical cannabis program. Councilmember Grosso is joined by Councilmembers Vincent […]
Dr. Oz surprises hosts of "Fox & Friends" by talking about America's marijuana "hypocrisy"
Oz echoed many researchers, who have found marijuana effective in dealing with chronic pain and states with medical marijuana see fewer opiate deaths.
More Articles ...
- Pennsylvania Democratic Party Adopts Marijuana Legalization Into Policy Platform
- Premiere: Canna Cribs goes inside the marijuana industry's leading grow ops
- Cannabis POW: Open letter from a federal prison
- What West Virginia's medical cannabis program looks like so far
- 100 Massachusetts towns have voted for weed bans, moratoriums or zoning restrictions
- Court hears appeal by Denver 4/20 organizer regarding 3-year ban
- Man arrested in dispensary kidnapping confesses on television
- Hundreds wait in three hour line to apply to be an Arkansas medical marijuana biz
- Fearing feds, pharmacy school cancels classes on growing medical marijuana
- Sarasota, Florida plotting workaround to comply with state MMJ laws
- New Hampshire’s Marijuana Decriminalization Law Takes Effect
- Medical Marijuana Patients Reduce Prescription Drug Use, Study Finds
- Colorado County’s Marijuana Tax Program Will Provide $420,000 in College Scholarships This Fall
- Creator of the "Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers" reflects on weed's long, strange trip
- Los Angeles races to get ready to be biggest legal marijuana market in world
- Louisiana's medical marijuana patients could get access by mid-2018
- Arkansas braces for hundreds of last-minute medical marijuana biz apps
- Cannabis reform moves uptown to Manhattan
- How the War on Drugs crushed California greenhouses and cannabis legalization is bringing them back
- Latest Nevada court move freezes cannabis distribution system until October