Op-ed: Colorado should allow marijuana tasting rooms
Let’s clear the air: Marijuana users in Colorado need places to consume.
Former NBA player Glen "Big Baby" Davis arrested on marijuana charges
Police say former NBA player Glen "Big Baby" Davis was arrested in a Maryland hotel last month on drug possession and distribution charges.
Major marijuana smuggling ring in Colorado: 8 arrests, 3,000 plants and 450 pounds seized
Police estimate the plants are worth about $5 million while the marijuana is valued at $736,000 -- but a pound of marijuana could sell for a price four times higher on the East Coast black market, law enforcement said.
Sens. Lisa Murkowski, Jeff Merkley pinning new marijuana banking measure to SAFE Banking Act
The measure would prevent federal officials from being able to punish banks simply "because the depository institution provides or has provided financial services to a cannabis-related legitimate business."
Michigan closes 40 medical marijuana businesses
Hundreds more businesses are expected to receive cease and desist letters in the coming days.
Arkansas judge rejects bid to quash medical marijuana license lawsuit
The judge also rejected the state’s argument that it is immune from the lawsuit challenging its application process for marijuana cultivation facilities.
California's "outlaw" marijuana culture faces a harsh reckoning: legal weed
"The free market is going to drive people out of those hills. They won't be able to make money there anymore."
North Dakota now accepting applications to grow medical marijuana
The application period that ends April 19 is the latest step by state officials who have been developing the medical marijuana system since legislators crafted a law a year ago.
Report Cards Grading State Cannabis Laws and Regulations Released
WASHINGTON, DC — On Wednesday, the medical cannabis advocacy organization Americans for Safe Access released its annual report entitled “Medical Marijuana Access in the United States: A Patient-Focused Analysis of the Patchwork of State Laws.” The report examines the status of states that have passed medical marijuana laws and grades them on a 500 point scale. […]
Racial Disparities Persist Among NYC Marijuana Possession Arrestees
NEW YORK, NY — New York City police are continuing to disproportionately arrest African Americans and Latinos for minor marijuana possession violations, despite ongoing pledges from Mayor Bill de Blasio to halt the practice. In 2017, city police made an estimated 17,500 arrests for marijuana possession in the 5th degree — a class B misdemeanor. Consistent with past years, […]
Cannabis Access Consistently Linked With Lower Opioid Use: Studies
Patients routinely reduce or eliminate their use of prescription opiates following the use of medical cannabis; two recently published studies reaffirm this relationship. In the first study, published by the Minnesota Department of Health, investigators assessed the prescription drug use patterns of 2,245 intractable pain patients participating in the state’s medical cannabis access program. Among those patients known […]
San Diego County Officials Move to Dismiss Thousands of Past Marijuana Convictions
SAN DIEGO, CA — San Diego County officials in recent weeks have either reduced or vacated the convictions of several hundred past cannabis offenders. Their actions are similar to those recently announced by the district attorney’s offices of San Francisco and Alameda County, both of which are in the process of reviewing and dismissing thousands of past marijuana convictions. According […]
Medical Marijuana Access Doesn’t Encourage Teen Use, Studies Find
NEW YORK, NY — The enactment of statewide laws regulating the use and distribution of cannabis for medical purposes is not associated with increased marijuana use among young people, according to a review of relevant studies published online ahead of print in the journal Addiction. Investigators from Columbia University, the RAND Corporation, the University of California at Davis, and […]
Judge Dismisses Lawsuit Challenging Federal Marijuana Prohibition
NEW YORK, NY — A federal district court judge in Manhattan on Monday granted the government’s motion to dismiss a lawsuit that sought to challenge the constitutionality of cannabis’ prohibited status under federal law. Presiding Judge Alvin K. Hellerstein opined in a 20-page ruling that the plaintiffs lacked any “fundamental right” to use cannabis as a medicine, and that […]
Study: Inhaled Cannabis Augments Analgesic Efficacy of Opiates
NEW YORK, NY — The co-administration of inhaled cannabis and sub-therapeutic doses of oxycodone produces enhanced analgesic effects in human subjects, according to clinical trial data published in the journal Neuropsychopharmacology. A team of investigators from the United States and Australia assessed the efficacy of inhaled cannabis and low doses of oxycodone on experimentally-induced pain in a double-blind, placebo-controlled […]
Baton Rouge On Brink of Decriminalizing Marijuana
BATON ROUGE, LA — The East Baton Rouge Metropolitan City Council has voted 8-4 in favor of an ordinance to decriminalize marijuana in East Baton Rouge Parish, which includes the state capital of Baton Rouge. If Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome signs the ordinance, it will go into effect on March 31. “This would be a […]
More Articles ...
- Medical Marijuana Effective in Treating Symptoms of Fibromyalgia, Study Finds
- Albuquerque City Council Files Bill to Decriminalize Marijuana Possession
- MPP Releases Report Card Grading Candidates for Governor in Maryland
- Support for Michigan Marijuana Legalization Initiative Tops 60%
- Rhode Island Marijuana Legalization Advocates Release New Report on Regulation for Adults
- Sonoma County DA to Vacate Thousands of Past Marijuana Convictions
- Missouri Medical Marijuana Legalization Drive Reaches 200,000 Signatures
- Maine Lawmakers Moving Forward With Effort to Rewrite Voter-Approved Marijuana Law
- Opioid Use Declines Among Pain Patients in Minnesota’s Medical Marijuana Program
- Study: Cannabis Effective at Treating Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
- Clinical Trial: Use of Herbal Cannabis Safe and Effective in Cancer Patients
- Museum “Plant Medicine” exhibit features cannabis
- Maine marijuana radio show educating listeners on law
- Do's and Don'ts for your marijuana-infused spring break in Aspen
- 'Godfather of Grass' sentenced to 57 months in prison on federal marijuana charge
- California medical marijuana recommendation provides legal immunity in Arizona, court rules
- California could cut marijuana taxes to lure consumers away from black market
- Police chief says homeless people are coming to Colorado to get marijuana
- San Francisco embraces Amsterdam-style marijuana lounges
- NJ Governor’s budget addresses cannabis reform