Colorado man busted with 77 pounds of marijuana in his car in Iowa
A police dog alerted cops to marijuana in Darrel Wait's vehicle during a routine traffic stop on Sunday.
There's something fishy with Alaska's marijuana potency testing results
A committee will look at issues regarding the testing of Alaska cannabis products amid inconsistency in potency results from different labs.
Big revenues, few problems from legal cannabis sales
Revenues from adult use cannabis sales continue to rise in the legalization states as fears concerning teen use fail to materialize. Retail marijuana sales now stand at record highs, with monthly sales in Washington State exceeding $130 million – up from $106 million in February. Overall, year-to-date marijuana sales in Washington are $1,101,853,539 in the first […]
The post Big revenues, few problems from legal cannabis sales appeared first on The Leaf Online.
Canada to legalize at age 18, ban traditional market
The transition is likely to be messy now that the Canadian government has announced that it will have legal marijuana available in July 2018. The rules are strict and the existing traditional supply stream will remain illegal. That means personal adult cultivation, purchase, possession and sharing of cannabis all will be legal at age 18. […]
The post Canada to legalize at age 18, ban traditional market appeared first on The Leaf Online.
High Minded podcast by The Cannabist | S01E03
In episode 3, High Minded podcast dives into a CBD study on pets, youth marijuana use, the five-year anniversary of Colorado legalization with author Nick Johnson and more.
The Cannabist's SmokeSongs: Thanksgiving Tokes
Thanksgiving is a holiday of trying. Despite its conflicted genocidal history and notoriously boring food, it's also one of the few American traditions in which families come together, cook a feast and attempt to bite their tongues long enough to let the turkey's tryptophan kick in. Music and marijuana are…
Cannabist 2017 Holiday Gift Guide for foodies
We've cooked up a marijuana gift guide with tasty edibles, top cannabis kitchen gadgets and the best weed recipes.
Nevada's September recreational marijuana sales top projection
Data released by the Nevada Department of Taxation says the state's cannabis dispensaries sold approximately $27.7 million in recreational marijuana in September.
Cannabist 2017 Holiday Gift Guide for connoisseurs
Looking for gift ideas for the true cannabis connoisseur? Wow them with a thoughtful weed gift, from a luxe smoking accessory to a high-end storage solution.
Cannabist 2017 Holiday Gift Guide for yogis
Puff, puff, namaste.
Cannabist 2017 Holiday Gift Guide for powder hounds
Weed gifts that will help the skier or snowboarder in your life get their powder fix.
Consultant behind S.D. tribe's ill-fated marijuana resort has drug case dismissed
A cannabis cultivation expert who was prosecuted in South Dakota after working with a Native American tribe trying to open the nation's first marijuana resort will see his drug case dismissed.
Indiana Attorney General returns opinion: CBD oil illegal except for epileptic patients
CBD, a marijuana-derived oil used as medicine, is illegal in Indiana with one limited exception, the state's attorney general said in an advisory opinion.
Over reliance on clones may taint cannabis
Since purity and potency testing of cannabis first become popular and now mandated, there has been a seemingly inexplicable increase in pesticides detected. Part of this is simply that cannabis has not traditionally been product tested, so there is no established baseline for comparison. The Department of Agriculture has not listed any approved levels of […]
San Francisco will remove cannabis advertising from public transit
San Francisco's public transit board has voted to ban marijuana advertising on its buses, trains and shelters, reversing its current policy.
Man, nursery sue state of Florida over medical marijuana delays
A Florida nursery and a man who suffers from epilepsy filed a lawsuit against the state, contending state officials are flouting the medical marijuana law.
More Articles ...
- New rules for Colorado marijuana industry focus on boosting research, consumer safety
- Canada's bill to legalize cannabis faces opposition
- Marijuana syndicate grew pot in gated home in Colorado and sold it around the U.S.
- Pro-legalization group Marijuana Policy Project overhauls leadership
- Nelly can't rap about weed in his upcoming Saudi Arabia concert
- Ohio receives 6 times more applications for medical marijuana dispensaries as they have licenses
- Florida officials decide waiting for medical marijuana ID card dispute would hurt patients
- MassRoots founder initiates proxy battle to overthrow marijuana firm's board, leadership
- Pro-legalization group submits 360K signatures to get on Michigan ballot
- MassRoots sues founder, former CEO, alleging "serious misconduct"
- New NJ governor promises legal adult cannabis
- Malta proposes expanding medical marijuana, with recreational perhaps to follow
- Maryland companies studying effectiveness of vaping for medical marijuana patients
- Where will you be able to buy cannabis in Massachusetts when sales start?
- Oregon county marijuana growers could see fines of up to $20K
- Countdown to recreational California cannabis: Where, when, how it will work
- New details emerge in 11-month-old Colorado boy's death linked to marijuana
- With Denver's ban on 4/20 rally organizer upheld, lawyer vows to fight any similar marijuana event
- Cannabis firms Canopy Growth, Organa and Green House team up on a joint venture in Ontario
- Here are the new rules for legal marijuana in California, effective Jan. 1