Will medical marijuana make Nebraska's 2018 ballot?
Advocates for medical marijuana have tried to get the issue on the ballot before, but so far have not succeeded.
Recreational marijuana sales launch in Los Angeles
The first state license for a cannabis business in L.A. went to MedMen Beverly Hills.
The Cannabist People's Choice Awards 2017: Marijuana Consumables
The best marijuana strains, cannabis edibles and vapes of 2017, according to Cannabist readers. People's Choice results are in!
Maine MMJ patients, store sue state over inspections of patients' homes, stores
The owners of a medical marijuana shop and two medical marijuana users are suing to stop Maine from implementing new medical marijuana regulations.
Senators to U.S. Treasury: Preserve marijuana banking access
A bipartisan group of 15 senators Thursday joined the chorus of Congress members calling on the U.S. Treasury’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network’s to keep intact marijuana banking guidance.
Congressmen step up for hemp
Four US Congressmen, Senators Rand Paul, (R-KY) and Ron Wyden (D-OR) and Representatives Jared Polis (D-CO) and Tom Massie (R-KY), stepped up to defend cannabis hemp farmers and businesses January 18, by authoring an amicus brief to the Ninth US Circuit Court of Appeals in the Hemp Industries Assn, et. al. v. DEA case. A total of 28 […]
Op-ed: We got into medical marijuana to help people - now we're under siege
Two new medical marijuana entrepreneurs are concerned about Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ recent rescinding of the Cole Memo.
How California leaders are fighting back against Sessions' marijuana crackdown
California legislators are launching letter-writing campaigns, proposing new laws and discussing federal lawsuits to safeguard legal marijuana.
Op-ed: Gun ownership may be the unifying factor between parties on marijuana legalization
Jeff Sessions may have succeeded in finding common ground for conservatives and liberals where others have failed.
How do Californians consume cannabis?
Spoiler alert, Californians like weed.
What Trump said about marijuana enforcement while campaigning in Colorado
The Colorado Spring's Gazette's editorial board has released audio from July 2016, with Donald Trump repeatedly pledging to respect states' marijuana laws.
Hemp supporters lament slow progress in CA
“It’s been 14 months since Prop. 64 passed,” said one frustrated potential hemp farmer. “Adult use marijuana stores are open around the state and yet we don’t even have a clear process to get hemp seed in the ground. This Board needs to step up” The sentiment was widespread among participants at the California Department […]
Tennessee Republicans introduce CBD oil bill
Two Tennessee lawmakers have introduced legislation to make a limited form of medical marijuana legal in Tennessee: cannabidiol oil (CBD) products.
Florida lawyer disbarred for sending clients to unlicensed doc who charged $800 for fake MMJ certificates
A Florida lawyer was disbarred Thursday for telling clients it was OK to possess, use and grow medical marijuana — more than two years before legalization.
Vermont Gov. Scott says he will sign marijuana legalization bill before Monday
Vermont Republican Gov. Phil Scott says he expects to sign a bill before Monday that will legalize the recreational use of marijuana.
Once weed-friendly California county bans marijuana
A previously weed-friendly rural Northern California county has reversed course and banned commercial marijuana farms, paving the way for lawsuits.
More Articles ...
- Colorado congressmen butt heads on spending bill amendment to protect state-legal marijuana
- What the cannabis genome map means for future of the marijuana industry
- Maryland's marijuana diversity report released, but what does it mean for minority business owners?
- Colorado's first big illegal grow raids of 2018: hundreds of plants in two seizures
- Dems introduce cannabis legalization bills in Congress
- Rep. Barbara Lee introduces companion House bill to Marijuana Justice Act
- Wisconsin gov candidate says he would pardon marijuana offenders
- Recreational marijuana legalization bill introduced in Kentucky by GOP senator
- Congressmen: Rescinding marijuana banking guidance would be 'dangerous and imprudent'
- Colorado lawmakers on course to fix pot-tax glitch that led to doomed special session
- Man opens fire at West Hollywood hotel when staff tells him to lose his weed
- Maine will have marijuana social clubs... in 2023
- Home cannabis deliveries in Nevada closer to reality
- Los Angeles recreational marijuana sales could begin any day
- Cannabis businesses in western states ask Congress for protection
- Phil Murphy sworn in as N.J. governor, vows to legalize marijuana
- 18 state attorneys general back Colo. Rep. Ed Perlmutter's marijuana banking bill
- Recreational marijuana dispensaries boost nearby home prices, says study
- Northern spotted owls may be at risk from cannabis farms
- VA says it won't study medical marijuana's effect on veterans